Frequently Asked Questions
|Search:||Browse by Category:|
|Are there tax credits for purchasing heating appliances fueled by renewable energy?|
Why invest in renewable fuel products?
· Fossil fuel supplies, while vast, are limited. Renewable fuels (biomass, such as wood and pellets), are derived from organic materials like trees and plants, which can be grown and harvested in sustainable forests.
· We want to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. Combining renewable fuels with a high efficiency stove gives you a viable alternative to heating with oil, natural gas and propane, and you are helping to lessen our country’s dependence on foreign oil.
· Biomass fuels are carbon neutral. When biomass is burned, only the carbon the tree or plant absorbed while growing is released into the air – nothing more.
· We all want clean air. Burning biomass in a pellet or EPA-certified wood unit eliminates 75% of the emissions associated with fossil fuel heating, and produces minimal outside air emissions.
· Efficiency and ease of use have caught up to the 21st century. These are not your parents and grandparents’ stoves! Today’s appliances are significantly more efficient than dated models, producing more heat for longer periods of time with less fuel. They are also much easier to operate and maintain and many are thermostatically controlled.
Last update: 05:56 PM Wednesday, April 18, 2012